Our facilities and features
- Formal sitting room & informal sunroom
- Outdoor entertaining area with barbecue
- 3 bedrooms a queen, a double & 2 single beds
- Luxurious linen, towels & continental quilts
- Electric blankets
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Bathroom with shower & toilet
- Laundry with washing machine & dryer
- Outside shower & separate toilet
- TV, DVD & stereo/CD player, books & games
- No smoking indoors
- Dog proof garden & secure dog pens
- Fire pit
All the ingredients for a great country breakfast are provided – farm fresh eggs, bacon, tomatoes, fruit, cereal, yoghurt, homemade jams & bread, filter coffee & a variety of teas.
Picnic hampers & provisions for other meals can be ordered by prior arrangement.
Dogs are welcome outside in a secure, fully fenced running area.
Food & water bowls can be provided.
Please supply a current vaccination certificate prior to arrival.
Local events and nearby attractions
The Cottage is a short walk to the Glenelg River where you can see platypus, kangaroos, wallabies, emus, koalas & over 140 species of birds including the endangered Red-tailed Black Cockatoo.
The Wilkin Flora and Fauna Reserve is renowned for its orchids & spring wildflowers from August to October.
The annual Kelpie Muster in June or walk the Kelpie Trail in Casterton.
Lower Glenelg National Park.
Explore Bailey’s Rocks, Dundas Tableland, Warrock Homestead, Bilston’s Tree, Hummocks & Dartmoor.
Kayak or canoe in the Glenelg River.
Mt Gambier Blue Lake.
Port Fairy Folk Festival.
Lake Condah, Unesco World Heritage Budj Bim. (Eel traps system built by Gunditjmara people).
Return in the evening to the tranquil, peaceful and comfortable Tolka Cottage.